This project was a small, single fronted house in Elwood that had recently been renovated.
“…create a green oasis that gives the feeling of space and not being closed in by the surrounding apartments and closeness of the neighboring residences.”
- Bluestone paving flows from the house to a grassed area with large bluestone stepping stones.
- The curved bench in Spotted Gum extends from a fantastic stone wall constructed of ‘Alpine’ drystone and is a focal point as it is suspended over the stepping stones and planted garden.
- To create a feeling of space there is the use of curves and circular edges to give a fluid feel to the garden without introducing sharp corners or lines of definite constriction.
- Economical use of space and camouflaged storage areas are incorporated into the design.
- The bluestone entrance in the front garden leads to the period home indicating an updated contemporary feel while respecting the charms of the age of the house.