A blank canvas in Melbourne’s northwest to showcase a classic family home.
A project that came about from our 2012 Garden Design Fest open garden.
- The clients had mid teen children and hoped to have the next 5 to 10 years with the children and their friends entertaining each other around the new pool area.
- Extending the deck towards the new pool made it possible to bring the pool closer to the house and combine the two areas as one large space.
- A large lawn area was created for the family dog to do its business and have an area to run around with the youngest child.
- A small car parking space to the rear was screened using rusted steel posts. The car park space was also used for the clothesline the could be removed.
- The front garden was created using the ‘circle’ theory seen in many of our designs. The curved decking front porch reached by a series of circular bluestone ‘crazy paved’ pods.